EMERGENCY DENTISTRY AN OVERVIEW
IN THE EVENT OF A DENTAL EMERGENCY, CONTACT SKYLINE FAMILY DENTISTRY AT (760) 873-6513.
Dr. Overholzter welcomes new and returning patients in the event of a dental emergency. Our dental care team will make every effort to fit you in for a same day appointment.
Dental emergencies happen when you least expect them. Be prepared for a dental emergency by having a dentist you trust. In the event of a dental emergency after hours, please call Dee Berger at (562) 447-9653.
Dental Emergencies: Please contact our office if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Painful toothache
- Broken or knocked out tooth
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- Severe pain from inflammation
- Abnormal/uncontrolled bleeding
- Trauma involving the facial bones
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
- Treatment prior to or following a procedure or surgery
- Final bridge/crown cementations if temporary restoration is compromised
- Dentures adjustment for people receiving radiation or cancer treatment
- Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheeks or gums
CEREC SAME DAY DENTISTRY
Have you broken a tooth or crown and need it repaired as soon as possible?
Skyline Family Dentistry offers CEREC same day dental restorations to repair damaged teeth and replace broken or lost dental restorations. CEREC technology allows Dr. Overholtzer to design and fabricate a dental restoration in as little as one hour.
Your new dental crown, filling or dental veneer can be fabricated while you wait. Dr. OVerholzer will secure the restoration in place and get you back to your daily routine.
EMERGENCY DENTISTRY FAQS
What do I do with a knocked out tooth?
A knocked out tooth can sometimes be saved: if possible to locate the tooth, pick up by the crown and place in a container of milk or saliva. Contact our office immediately for instruction on how to proceed.
What are the signs of a tooth cavity?
Tooth pain and increased sensitivity to hot or cold temperature can be the signs of existing decay. Contact our office to schedule a visit as soon as possible to avoid a bigger problem.