DENTURES & PARTIALS AN OVERVIEW
A denture or partial denture is the standard for replacing multiple missing teeth or a full arch of lost teeth. Missing teeth should be replaced promptly to avoid the development of secondary oral health complications. Bishop, CA dentist Dr. Gabriel Overholtzer offers replacement options for missing teeth including traditional and implant secured dentures and partials dentures.
During your personalized consultation, Dr. Overholtzer will evaluate your dental health and the alignment and function of your bite. He will take the time to discuss your concerns and cosmetic goals before recommending the tooth replacement solution best suited to restore your oral health and meet your personal needs.
IMPLANT DENTURES: BENEFITS OF A SECURE DENTURE
Implant dentures have a 95% success rate and a high level of patient satisfaction.
Implant secured dentures are an investment in your smile. Implant secured dentures provide patients with a full range of added benefits when compared to a traditional removable denture.
Benefits of implant secured dentures include:
- Improved retention and stability
- Restores almost full chewing function, patients enjoy a diet without restrictions
- Improves long-term bone retention and promotes stablee bone growth
- Allows patient to speak and smile without embarrassment or fear of slipping
- No need to hassle with daily glues, adhesives, soaks or rinses
DENTURES & PARTIALS WHAT TO EXPECT
Dr. Overholtzer will help patients choose the treatment option best suited to their needs based on a thorough oral health exam and personalized consultation. Whenever possible Dr. Overholtzer will recommend securing a denture with implants for the added support and long-term results.
The style of denture you receive will depend on the number of missing teeth, your overall oral health, cosmetic goals and bone health.
- Partial Denture: Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge. Partial dentures are commonly used to replace several consecutive missing teeth.
- Full Dentures: A full denture is used to replace a full arch of missing teeth. A denture can be used to replace a full set of upper or lower teeth and may be made as a removable restoration or secured using dental implants.
- Implant Dentures: Using as few as four dental implants, a denture can be securely anchored to the jaw. Implant supported dentures provide added stability, improved chewing function and a more natural looking result.
Patients who choose implants can expect to have all phases of their treatment handled on-site at our Bishop office eliminating the need for unnecessary trips to additional specialists. Dr. Overholtzer will perform the strategic placement of the implants using CBCT scanning and digitally guided placement technology.
Your denture will be custom designed to enhance your natural facial features. The denture is made of high quality, modern dental materials that are fabricated to look and feel like natural teeth. The denture can be milled on site at our Bishop dental lab for a more precise result.