Dental Implants An Overview
Dental implants are the most natural and aesthetic option for replacing missing teeth. An implant can be used to replace a single missing tooth or to secure a dental bridge or denture. Dr. Gabriel Overholtzer has advanced training in implant dentistry and provides full in-house services for the placement and restoration of dental implants.
Why choose a dental implant?
Dental implants replace the full tooth structure after tooth loss. The implant is designed to replace both the root and crown of the tooth providing extra support and stability for the entire chewing system by stimulating healthy bone growth.
Benefits of The Dental Implant:
- When a tooth is removed or lost the jaw bone is compromised and begins to deteriorate. The dental implant helps to generate new, healthy bone tissue preventing loss of the facial structure.
- Dental implants improve upon traditional options for replacing missing teeth. Patients who require a bridge or partial denture do not need to harm otherwise healthy teeth to use as anchors. Implants can be placed to permanently secure a bridge or denture for a stable smile.
- Maintaining a dental implant is like caring for your natural teeth. Daily oral hygiene and routine visits to Dr. Overholtzer can keep your implant healthy for many years.
- Implants improve a patient’s oral health. Implants collect less debris and bacteria than a traditional denture and they do not have to be taken out of the mouth to clean.
As a Bioesthetic dentist, Dr. Overholtzer takes the entire chewing system into consideration when treating patients with tooth loss. For most patients, dental implants are the most effective and lasting solution for fully restoring the bite. Dr. Overholtzer fully evaluates your oral health as well as your bite alignment and jaw function to determine how to approach restoring your smile.
Love this place. Everyone is caring and friendly. Lauren is just wonderful! Highly recommend.Valerie H.
I really like the atmosphere and the staff. Everyone is friendly and I appreciate the emphasis on using up to date equipment. I was happy to see the improved space in the waiting area. Sincerely, RobRob S.
This is the most awesome practice! Thank you Dr. Overholtzer and team for all you do. Highly recommend your practice to anyone who is looking for a new home for dental care.Sherri
Dental Implants What to Expect
Begining with your initial implant consultation Dr. Overholtzer will see you through all phases of your implant treatment. Our dental care team coordinates the entire process in-house allowing for more precise and predictable results that adhere to our high standard of care.
A multi-phased treatment, the implant process will require several visits to our Bishop office.
Your implant process will begin with a thorough oral health exam and personalized consultation. Dr. Overholtzer will spend time explaining the process in detail so that you fully understand the benefits of dental implant supported restorations.
- Post Placement
The next step is the surgical implantation of the titanium post into the jaw bone. Using digitally guided implantation, Dr. Overholzter places the implant to optimize healthy bone tissue for a more successful result. This step requires 3-6 months of healing time before the next step.
- Attach The Abutment
The abutment is a small metal piece that is used as the anchor to hold the dental restoration to the implant post. The abutment is placed on the post and will be used for securing the final restoration.
- Dental Restoration Fitting
The final restoration will be custom designed and fabricated to your specifications using high-quality materials. The restoration is anchored to the implants and secured in place. Patients enjoy a healthy, comfortable and beautiful smile that supports natural chewing function.
Skyline Family Dentistry is equipped with advanced digital technology for more precise treatment planning and a more predictable result. Dr. Overholtzer uses CBCT digital scanning and digitally guided implant placement technology for healthy, lasting implant results.