What Conditions Are Dental Veneers Used To Treat?
- Gaps between teeth
- Tooth discoloration considered resistant to whitening gels
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Reshape a misshapen tooth
Dental veneers can be used to treat a single damaged tooth or placed on multiple teeth for a total smile makeover.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are ultra-thin shells placed on the teeth that are made from a highly durable dental porcelain that mimics natural tooth enamel. The material can be color matched to adjacent teeth or whitened to enhance the appearance of your smile. Dental veneers are stain and decay resistant for long-term results. Patients enjoy natural looking teeth that are both functional and comfortable. Patients often forget they even have veneers after a while, enjoying a beautiful, seamless smile.
What To Expect
- Dr. Overholtzer will complete a thorough oral health exam and explain the entire veneer process prior to the application of dental veneers.
- Dental veneers require proper preparation of the affected teeth. Dr. Overholtzer will carefully remove as little of the tooth’s structure as possible to make space for the veneer to adhere and fit properly.
- Once the teeth are prepared, Dr. Overholtzer will take digital molds of the teeth. These images are used to design the veneers. Skyline Family Dentistry uses CEREC technology to create customized high-quality dental veneers in-house.
- The custom designed veneers are permanently bonded to the prepared tooth using a special adhesive. Once the veneers are in place, patients are able to resume their normal diets and oral hygiene routines as before.
- Routine dental care visits provide the opportunity to monitor the integrity of your dental restorations, making any necessary adjustments or repairs to keep your new smile looking great for as long as possible.
Schedule An Appointment
To schedule an appointment, visit our Bishop, CA dental office. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call (760) 810-4404 or schedule an appointment online.