What is a Root Canal?
Root canals are thin passageways in the roots of your teeth. Nerves travel through these canals to the pulp chamber in your tooth. When the pulp chamber of your tooth becomes infected, the infection can spread from the pulp to these nerves and cause a serious, chronic toothache.
Root canal therapy is the endodontic procedure that cleans out the infection to save your tooth and to prevent bacteria from spreading down the tooth root to the jawbone or to other teeth.
The Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- Root canal therapy removes infected tissue that could cause serious health problems if left unchecked.
- After your tooth has become severely infected, a root canal can prevent the infection from spreading to your other teeth.
- With root canals, we can save teeth that would normally need to be extracted and help your smile last a lifetime.
- Patients who need root canals often experience a serious, chronic toothache. Root canal therapy relieves the toothache and prevents it from happening again by treating it at its source.
Get Relief with Root Canal Therapy by our Dentist in Bishop
With the advanced technology available in our office, we can deliver precise and gentle root canal therapy to our patients who are suffering from a serious tooth infection. Our office uses i-CAT 3D imaging to map out procedures beforehand and to provide more accuracy and comfort. As our dental practice in Bishop also offers CEREC CAD/CAM technology, Dr. Overholtzer is often able to treat and restore your tooth during the same appointment.
The Root Canal Therapy Procedure
- Dr. Overholtzer will administer Buffered Anesthetics to provide quick and effective numbing. Many of our patients actually even fall asleep during the procedure, so you won’t feel any pain at all!
- Dr. Overholtzer will remove all of the infected tissue from your tooth.
- Once the infected tissue has been removed, the area will be cleaned and medicine applied to sterilize the tooth.
- After the root canal is finished, the doctor will restore your tooth’s original shape and provide protection with a beautiful, porcelain crown.
Visiting Skyline Family Dentistry for Root Canal Therapy
Are you afflicted with tooth pains and are searching for a treatment? Contact us right away to schedule an assessment with Dr. Overholtzer, to check over the condition of your teeth. If a root canal is recommended, you can rest assured that the procedure will be completed efficiently with little pain. Call us today.